Gold standard hair reduction
Are you looking for a safe, results driven and affordable treatment for hair reduction? We use the latest Medical Grade Lumenis SPLENDOR X, a worldwide gold standard for laser hair removal. Our lasers can treat larger areas, making it faster and more comfortable . . . we can treat both lighter and darker skin types.
SPLENDOR X is unlike any other hair removal system in the world. It is the first Nd:YAG and Alexandrite laser system to be powered by BLEND X™ technology for unprecedented power, speed, versatility and coverage rate.
Smooth & hairless. It’s that simple
Have you had it with waxing and shaving? Does hair grow in places that should be hair-free? Laser hair removal is a safe and gentle way of reducing hair from unwanted parts of your body, including your face. At our clinic we use the latest version of the Candela Gentlemax Pro laser, which is the most comfortable and effective laser for all skin types.
No more waxing and shaving
The laser works by using light waves to target and destroy the hair follicles’ roots. The surrounding skin areas are not affected, therefore there is no downtime and you can leave the clinic right after the treatment. After a few treatments the results are long lasting and you can forget about traditional hair removal methods. We recommend taking advantage of our free initial consultation to determine the optimum number of treatments for the best results.
Respect for your skin
Our highly trained clinicians have the knowledge to ensure fast and accurate hair removal. The Lumenis Splendor X laser available at our clinic is designed with sensitive skin in mind. It can therefore be used on all areas of your body, including the bikini lines, legs, underarms, jawline, nose, eyebrows and chin. The laser features superior air cooling which calms and soothes the skin in order to ensure your maximum comfort during the treatment.
The difference is in the experience
Upon your arrival one of our clinic’s qualified clinicians will sit with you in a confidential meeting where they will take into account your skin particularities. It is advised to let the clinician know about any skin marks, sunburns or fake tans or if you are on any medication. The therapist will create a personalized treatment plan including the number of required hair removal sessions, pre and post treatment care, as well as other useful information about the procedure.
Laser Hair Removal is an the most effective method of permanent hair reduction. Say goodbye to common removal methods such as shaving waxing and tweezing and say hello to the most advanced technology in reducing hair growth on all areas of the body.
Lasers emit an intense beam of light and energy which is absorbed by the melanin pigment in the hair. The intense heat also generated by the laser damages or destroys the hair shaft and follicle while not affecting the surrounding skin. The result is either complete removal of the hair or replacement with finer, lighter coloured hair follicle.
Hair removal works when the hair is in the Anagen phase of hair growth and as such more than one treatment is recommended. In order to catch each hair in the anagen phase a minimum of 6 to 10 sessions is required in order to achieve 60-90% hair reduction. The number of treatment sessions depends on skin colour, hair colour and thickness and the area being treated. Facial hair tends to be a little more resistant.
Our laser can successfully treat all skin types. Unfortunately, blonde and grey hairs are unresponsive to Laser hair removal as there is no pigment in their hair follicle.
Treatment intervals vary between 4- 8 weeks depending on the area being treated.
Shaving or Hair Removal Creams are the only methods or hair removal allowed during Laser Sessions. No waxing tweezing or Threading will be allowed.
Hair Removal is a very bearable treatment, at most a rubber band flick like pain can occur with each zap. Luckily for you, our laser technicians are highly experience and have ways to minimize discomfort as much as possible. Overall is an almost pain free treatment with more than worth it results.
BEFORE YOUR LASER TREATMENT:
- You must shave the area being treated leaving a small patch of hair so your technician can determine the colour and texture of the hair.
- Stop using Retin A, Acids and any other products that scrub or irritate the skin 3-5 days before treatment.
AFTER YOUR LASER TREATMENT:
- Cool compresses may be applied intermittently after treatment if needed if the area is warm or irritated.
- You may take an antihistamine to reduce any itching or irritation of the follicle.
- Do not exfoliate the area for 3-5 days after treatment.
- Do not wax thread or tweeze the hairs, Shaving or hair removal creams are recommended.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER TREATMENT:
- The treated area is generally mildly swollen and or red immediately after treatment.
- You may feel slight discomfort or sensitivity to treated areas that will resolve between 12- 24 hours.
- You may feel itchy in treated areas as we are irritating the follicle but can use antihistamine to soothe any discomfort.
- Typically, the treated area hairs will fall out two weeks after treatment. Do not tweeze or pull on hairs, let it fall out naturally.
- Apply sunblock regularly to the treated area If exposed to the sun to avoid skin discoloration or sunburn. Nothing lower than SPF 30.